HOW DOES THE SCOUTStrong PALA CHALLENGE WORK?
1. Commit to daily physical activity—and stick with it.
- To earn the SCOUTStrong PALA Challenge award, a participant is required to meet a daily activity goal of 30 minutes a day for adults and 60 minutes a day for kids under 18 for at least five days a week, for a total of six weeks. Participants can take up to eight weeks to complete the program.
- The participant picks their activities as they strive to reach their goal, logging their physical activity along the way.
- Over 100 indoor and outdoor activities count toward the daily requirement, including walking, running, aerobics, gardening, and canoeing, as long as major muscle groups are engaged at a moderate to vigorous activity level.
- Starting the SCOUTStrong PALA Challenge will help participants:
2. Set realistic goals to encourage fitness for a lifetime.
HOW DO I GET STARTED WITH THE SCOUTStrong PALA CHALLENGE?
Participants can enroll and track their progress either online with a free Online Activity Tracker or on a paper Active Lifestyle Activity Log.
- Participant begins by visiting http://www.presidentschallenge.org/BSA_82/.
- Click [CREATE AN ACCOUNT].
- The participant should complete the required fields and click [REGISTER].
- They’ll arrive on their activity tracker home page, which they will see each time they log into their account. From this screen they can track their activities, join a group, see their award progress, and adjust their account preferences.
- Upon completion of the six-week program, the participant will receive a congratulatory email from the President's Challenge. Participants should print and submit this email to their Scout leader.
The Pack will provide a certificate and patch to all who successfully complete the SCOUTStrong PALA Challenge activity requirements.
- Participants should track their daily activity using the Active Lifestyle Activity Log.
- Upon completion of the six-week program, participants should self-certify the results at the bottom of the Active Lifestyle Activity Log and submit it to their Scout leader.
LINKS FOR MORE INFORMATION
ABOUT SCOUTSTRONG: www.scouting.org/SCOUTStrongPALA
LIST OF SCOUTSTRONG PALA CHALLENGE ACTIVITIES: www.presidentschallenge.org/challenge/activities.shtml
ABOUT PALA: www.presidentschallenge.org/challenge/active
ABOUT THE PRESIDENT’S CHALLENGE: www.presidentschallenge.org/about/
ABOUT THE PCFSN: www.fitness.gov/about-us/